The ME221 MX-5 PnP is the latest plug-n-play Engine Management System from Motorsport Electronics for the Mk2.5 (facelift NB2) MX-5 / Miata using VVT.
It supports the 1.8 model, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position. It also supports the stock ‘smart; alternator and closed loop VVT control.
The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
- Uses the ME221 ECU Core (Freescale Automotive Processing Power)
- Supports all factory sensors
- Truly Plug-n-Play
- 16×16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm
- Run any type of high impedance injectors
- DSP Knock Control
- in-built 21psi MAP sensor (or use your factory AFM)
- Closed Loop Boost Control
- Launch Control
- In the field regular FW updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio
- An open approach to firmware/software features
- Supplied with rolling road certified and developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups
- You will need to remove your factory ECU, and follow the hardware guide in the downloads section tab
- ME221 PnP Core Board
- Vacuum Hose
- USB Dongle with a selection of OEM and Turbo basemaps (both 1.6 and 1.8), tuning software and manuals.
If you wish to run without a MAF sensor, then you will need to install an Intake Air Temperature Sensor – available in the options list.
Please contact us if ordering from outside of the UK so we can get you an accurate quote for shipping.