The ME221 MX-5 PnP is the latest plug-n-play Engine Management System for the Mk1 (3 Plug NA) MX-5 / Miata, years 1996/1997
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position. The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
- Uses the ME221 ECU Core (Freescale Automotive Processing Power)
- Supports all factory sensors
- Truly Plug-n-Play: Supports both switched TPS and linear TPS conversions
- 16×16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm
- Run any type of high impedance injectors
- DSP Knock Control
- in-built 21psi MAP sensor (or use your factory AFM)
- Closed Loop Boost Control
- Launch Control
- Fully Sequential on 1.8 version
- In the field regular FW updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio
- An open approach to firmware/software features
- Supplied with rolling road certified and developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups
- You will need to remove your factory ECU, and follow THIS guide on how to remove the core and install the ME221 core
- ME221 PnP Core Board
- Vacuum Hose
- USB Dongle with a selection of OEM and Turbo basemaps, tuning software and manuals
If you wish to run without a MAF sensor, then you will need to install an Intake Air Temperature Sensor – available in the options list.
Please contact us if ordering from outside of the UK so we can get you an accurate quote for shipping.